Run the Latest Version
This page provides installation files for Manifold SQL for ArcGIS® Pro.
- Download the installation package you prefer from the options below.
- Install the package using the installation instructions in the the Install SQL for ArcGIS Pro page.
- Install SQL for ArcGIS Pro - Illustrated, step by step user manual topic showing download, installation, and activation for both Windows Installer and portable installations.
- SQL for ArcGIS Pro - Install and Activate - Fast video to install and activate using a Windows Installer package, with a quick guide to writing queries.
- Visit the SQL for ArcGIS Pro User Manual for detailed information and step-by-step, lavishly illustrated example topics.
- Visit GISadvisor.com/sql4arc for outstanding training videos and the How Do I do that in SQL for ArcGIS Pro book by Dr. Art Lembo.
Cutting Edge or Base ?
SQL for ArcGIS Pro evolves very rapidly. Most people always want the latest version, while others prefer to update less frequently. To meet both needs, Manifold provides both newer (Edge) and older (Base) installations.
Starting at a given Base level, each new Edge build adds more and more capabilities. After two or three months of Edge builds, Manifold updates the current Base build to incorporate new Edge features, and then the cycle starts over with a new series of Edge builds. Each Edge build is a full, standalone build, with no need to install the prior Base build to get the full package with all of the latest features.
- SQL for ArcGIS Pro Edge - Edge builds provide all new features and bug fixes. Edge builds are issued about every two weeks with an announcement in the user forum. Edge builds are issued as portable installations, making frequent updates easy. Edge builds expire on the third month after they are issued: plenty of time to download the latest Edge build. The User Manual documents Edge builds.
- SQL for ArcGIS Pro Base - Base builds are older versions of Edge builds. They are issued every few months as Windows Installer packages and also as portable installations. Base builds do not time out, and they check for a newer Base build. Base builds do not include the latest features and bug fixes. The latest features discussed in the User Manual will not be in Base builds.
Read the Installations topic for more on SQL for ArcGIS Pro installation packages, including simple instructions for using portable installations.
- See the Install SQL for ArcGIS Pro User Manual topic for step by step installation and activation instructions with clear illustrations.
- All SQL for ArcGIS Pro licenses are 64-bit. The serial number for your license will authorize both 64-bit and 32-bit installations.
- All portable installations, both Edge and Base, include both 64-bit executables and 32-bit executables. The same portable installation can be used in either 64-bit or 32-bit Windows.
- Windows Installer installations used for Base builds come in 64-bit and 32-bit versions, to match the version of Windows you are using. You must use the 32-bit installation if you are running 32-bit Windows.
- SQL for ArcGIS Pro requires Microsoft .NET and Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. If these are not already on your system, see below for links to Microsoft downloads.
False alarmsfrom anti-virus programs are common. The SHA checksums published below guarantee safe downloads. See the information below on how to use SHA checksums.
- Windows Defender may wrongly complain that the current Edge zipfile contains malware. That is
not trueand is a false alarm from Defender. Download the file, unzip and run Windows Defender on the resulting files and Defender will report the files are OK.
- Errors: If there are any errors when unzipping a downloaded file, the file was damaged during download or was not completely downloaded. Try again.
SQL for ArcGIS Pro · Portable (Self-Contained Zip File)
Available options are the ui.zip localization file for other languages, the enhanced NADCON5 grids.dat data file, DLLs for open source databases, IronPython, and various example files, which may be downloaded from links below on this page.
SQL for ArcGIS Pro Base · Windows Installer (.exe File)
SQL for ArcGIS Pro Base · Portable (Self-Contained Zip File)
Microsoft Visual C++ for Portable Installations
Portable installations of SQL for ArcGIS Pro require installation of Microsoft's Visual C++ Redistributable package. This is not necessary for official SQL for ArcGIS Pro .exe installation packages, which include the C++ Redistributable package and will install if required. Many modern Windows systems will already have this installed. If not yet installed, portable installation users should download Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable installation files from the Microsoft VC Downloads page.
On 64-bit Windows system, install both vc_redist.x64.exe (64-bit) and vc_redist.x86.exe (32-bit). On a 32-bit Windows system, install vc_redist.x86.exe (32-bit).
Important: Use a recent C++ redistributable. Microsoft significantly updated redistributables in November, 2019. Older redistributables will not work.
Visit the SQL for ArcGIS Pro User Manual for detailed information on every aspect of SQL for ArcGIS Pro. Hundreds of examples, including hundreds of lavishly-illustrated, step-by-step examples, show how to use Manifold.
Localization Files - Use Your Language
ui.zip - Click on the link to download a zip file containing user interface localization files for Arabic, Bengali, Chinese (simplified, Mandarin), Dutch, Estonian, Filipino (Tagalog), French, German, Hindi, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Turkish languages. See the Localization page for instructions on how to use these files and how to create your own localization file for a new language.
64-bit Connections to Microsoft Office Formats
By default, SQL for ArcGIS Pro uses Microsoft facilities built into Windows to connect to Office format files such as .db, .html. .mdb, .xls, and .wkx, together with newer Office formats such as .xlsx and .accdb. The same facilities are used to connect to any other use of Access .mdb format, for example, in ESRI's personal geodatabase format using .mdb, or legacy Manifold mfd/mdb format as used in early Manifold releases.
Unfortunately, those Microsoft facilities are 32-bit only, even within 64-bit Windows systems. To use them, we must launch a 32-bit instance of SQL for ArcGIS Pro, which is included automatically in all 64-bit SQL for ArcGIS Pro installations. See discussion in the Microsoft Office Formats - MDB, XLS and Friends topic.
We can connect to Office formats from 64-bit SQL for ArcGIS Pro in 64-bit Windows by installing Microsoft's Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable package. The 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine provides connectivity to Office formats for 64-bit applications in a 64-bit system. Despite the "Access" name of the package, it supports all Office formats.
Download the 64-bit Access Database Engine from Microsoft's Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable page. That page provides downloads for X64 (64-bit) and 32-bit versions. Most users will download and install just the X64 version. It is a small download that installs quickly. However, using the 64-bit Microsoft Access Database Engine requires that our Microsoft Office installation is also 64-bit. If we are still running 32-bit Microsoft Office in our 64-bit Windows system, we cannot install the 64-bit Microsoft Access Database Engine.
DLLs for Popular Open Source DBMS Packages
SQL for ArcGIS Pro includes built-in support for GPKG and SQLite using GPKG-style spatial data, RTREE indexes, JSON and GeoPoly. No need to download or install anything extra to read/write GPKG or most SQLite databases.
The SQLite DLL provided is an ESRI package that adds allows connection to Esri mobile geodatabases, which are stored within SpatiaLite files.
The MySQL and PostgreSQL DLLs provided allow connection to MySQL databases and to PostgreSQL/PostGIS databases.
The MySQL and PostgreSQL/PostGIS are third party, open source DBMS packages which require installation of necessary files within the execution PATH of your system. If you are an expert user of MySQL or PostgreSQL/PostGIS you know the drill and have already installed all necessary DLLs. For everyone else, Manifold provides the following sample collections of DLLs for these packages:
The easiest way to install these for use with SQL for ArcGIS Pro is to unzip the appropriate package within the bin or the bin64 folder of the SQL for ArcGIS Pro installation folder. Unzip open_source_db_64.zip within the bin64 folder and unzip open_source_db_32.zip within the bin folder. That creates an opt subfolder which contains the various DLLs.
The above packages of DLLs are not supported, but they are recommended for use with SQL for ArcGIS Pro.
Of the ten programming languages suppored for programming in SQL for ArcGIS Pro, five languages are built into SQL for ArcGIS Pro and are always available without requiring any additional installation: C#, JScript, JScript.NET, VB.NET, and VBScript. In addition, IronPython and IronRuby are automatically supported by the Command Window when installed. The following zip file provides IronPython for SQL for ArcGIS Pro:
- ironpython-2.7.9-net45.zip (1870 KB)
The easiest way to install IronPython for use with SQL for ArcGIS Pro is to unzip ironpython-2.7.9-net45.zip within the shared folder of the SQL for ArcGIS Pro installation folder.
IronPython is an open source package that is not supported by tech support, but the above installation is recommended for use with SQL for ArcGIS Pro. This is the same package provided in the Everything installation zipfile for SQL for ArcGIS Pro.
When re-projecting a component, SQL for ArcGIS Pro can use high-accuracy conversions that utilize transformation grids for certain regions. Most users will re-project components using default conversions, and thus do not need the grids.dat file. Those users who want to use transformation grids can download and install the grids.dat file, and then the conversion options to use those grids automatically will become available for those coordinate conversions that use them. The grids.dat file is 379 MB and contains in compressed form hundreds of grids enumerated in EPSG, including NADCON5 grids as well as traditional NADCON and HARN NADCON (USA), and NTv2 grids for Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, and the UK.
- grids.dat (379 MB)
Install the grids.dat file for use with SQL for ArcGIS Pro by placing the file in the shared folder of the SQL for ArcGIS Pro installation folder. The file must be placed in the shared folder itself and not within a subfolder of the shared folder.
This is the same grids.dat file provided in the Everything installation zipfile for SQL for ArcGIS Pro.
SHA Checksums Guarantee Safe Packages
Worried about viruses? Got a false alarm from an anti-virus package?
Use SHA checksums to put your mind at ease by confirming you
SQL for ArcGIS Pro installation packages do
If your anti-virus program reports a problem with an SQL for ArcGIS Pro installation file, you can verify that is a false alarm by using any popular tool (7zip, Microsoft, etc.) to compute the SHA checksum for the installation package you are using. If that SHA checksum matches the SHA checksum published for that package, you know for sure the anti-virus package reported a false alarm.
Windows 10 and other recent Windows editions include the
certutil -hashfile manifold-9.0.159.msi SHA256
The utility will provide a computed SHA256 hash code (another name for checksum) for the file:
SHA256 hash of file manifold-9.0.159.msi: 1d 65 79 c2 b7 2f aa 99 7f 40 2c c5 1f 92 80 de 73 0c 4f 4a 4c c5 d2 59 bf 74 7e 79 b8 d4 e0 71 CertUtil: -hashfile command completed successfully.
Compare the SHA256 checksum reported by the
The free downloads on this page are provided without technical support. Some downloads are large and require reliable Internet connections. Downloads are provided for those folks who have sufficiently reliable Internet connections and who have the minimal technical skills required to use their browsers to download a file, to unzip a zipfile, install a .msi file, etc., without assistance. If you require assistance, please ask a more technical colleague for help, retain a consultant, or contact Manifold Technical Support using a standard tech support token as set forth in the Contacting Tech Support page.
Please visit the following links for general information on available Manifold technical support services.
- Technical Support Home Page - Your first stop for technical support needs.
- Status Page - Enter a support token to verify it is unused and to check the token type (standard, development or voice). Checking the status of a support token before using it to contact tech support will avoid wasting time in case the token has been already used or is the wrong type.
- Contacting Technical Support - How to contact technical support. How to use tokens and important information that must be provided to enable tech support to respond quickly and constructively.
- SQL for ArcGIS Pro Updates - Information on updates for SQL for ArcGIS Pro.
- Products and Prices - Includes a list of all technical support products.
- Online Store - Buy technical support products online with your credit card.
- Support FAQ - Frequently asked questions regarding technical support.
- Windows Installer Notes - Tips on solving problems with Windows Installer in case of de-installation errors.
- Email Problems - Few things are as annoying as not getting messages you expect to get, yet the wide use of spam filters means that you might not be getting an important email from manifold.net email accounts. Read this page for important tips on how to make sure you will get the emails you expect.
- Suggestions - Tips on making effective suggestions to get what you want into SQL for ArcGIS Pro. Vote early and vote often!.
SQL for ArcGIS Pro is supported by email for a fee. Although Manifold technical support is very inexpensive, it is not free. Technical support is provided for a low fee via email. Technical support service products are sold that allow SQL for ArcGIS Pro users to choose what level of support they prefer, from a single incident to ten incidents at a discount.
Technical support incidents are available as standard support incidents or as developer support incidents. Standard incidents provide answers to routine interactive usage of SQL for ArcGIS Pro, for example, such as how to launch the add-in or how to use point and click dialogs. Developer support incidents provide answers to more technical questions, such as those involving SQL syntax, how to use SQL functions, or programming.
How to Buy Technical Support Services
Purchase technical support products via the the Online Store. Purchase the technical support product and you will receive by email tech support tokens of the number and class (standard or developer) you purchased. You can then use them when contacting tech support by email.
Contacting Technical Support
Please carefully read the Contacting Technical Support page for complete information on contacting technical support. Support inquiries sent to sales will not only delay a fast and effective solution, they will also waste support tokens.
Special Introductory Offer
Buy Now via the Online Store
Buy SQL for ArcGIS® Pro on the Online Store. The store is open 24 hours / seven days a week / every day of the year. Orders are processed immediately with a serial number sent out by email in seconds. Enjoy the world's best desktop spatial SQL today!
Manifold is a deep technology company creating advanced, parallel algorithms, next-level technology, and computation know-how that powers faster performance and smarter operations.
License Manifold® technology to power your company's products, or take advantage of Manifold's off-the-shelf commercial products. Jump decades ahead of your competition.
Manifold® products deliver quality, performance and value in the world's most sophisticated, most modern, and most powerful spatial products for GIS, ETL, DBMS, and Data Science. Total integration ensures ease of use, amazing speed, and unbeatably low cost of ownership. Tell your friends!