How to Buy
Please Read Carefully
This page provides installation files for
See the Install and Activate topic in the User Manual for easy, step by step, illustrated instructions for installation and activation.
Upgrading an older Release 8 installation? Installing a Release 8 build from this page automatically upgrades your legacy Release 8 serial number to use the modern, improved activation system.
See the New Activation page for important details. For example, the new activation system does not support License Server licenses: if your Release 8 license uses License Server, stay with build 8.0.30 and do not upgrade to a build on this page.
- For Release 9 or Viewer downloads visit the Downloads page.
- For archived, obsolete Release 8 builds for use with legacy activation (not recommended) visit the Legacy Release 8 web page.
- For an archived, obsolete 32-bit Release 8 build for use with 32-bit Windows (not recommended) visit the 32-bit Downloads page.
Cutting Edge or Base ?
Most people always want the latest version, while others prefer to update less frequently. To meet both needs, Manifold provides both newer (Edge) and older (Base) installations.
Starting at a given Base level, each new Edge build adds more and more capabilities. After a series of Edge builds, Manifold updates the current Base build to incorporate new Edge features, and then the cycle starts over with a new series of Edge builds. Release 8 Edge builds require prior installation of the current Release 8 Base build.
- Release 8 Edge - Edge builds provide all new features and bug fixes. Edge builds are issued more frequently than Base builds with an announcement in the user forum. Edge builds are issued as portable installations, making frequent updates easy. Edge builds expire on the third month after they are issued: plenty of time to download the latest Edge build. The User Manual documents Edge builds.
- Release 8 Base - Base builds are older versions of Edge builds. They are issued every few months as Windows Installer packages. Base builds do not time out, and they check for a newer Base build. Base builds do not include the latest features and bug fixes. The latest features discussed in the User Manual will not be in Base builds.
Unsure which to choose? You can download and use both an Edge build and a Base build. Edge builds are portable installations, so they happily co-exist with Base builds that use Windows Installer.
Uninstallany prior installation before installing a new Manifold Release 8 installation. If Windows Installer reports any problems, read the Windows Installer Problems page for advice.
- See the Install and Activate topic in the User Manual for easy, step by step, illustrated instructions for installation and activation
- All new Release 8 serial numbers are 64-bit. 64-bit serial numbers authorize both 64-bit and 32-bit installations.
- If you are stuck running 32-bit Windows or if you have an older, 32-bit Manifold System serial number, you
MUSTuse the 32-bit Installation.
- If you don't know what license you have,
check your serial numberon the Serial Number Status Page. 64-bit Manifold Release 8 licenses have "x64" in their names. Important:All Manifold products require Microsoft .NET. The Requirements page has links to Microsoft downloads. False alarmsfrom anti-virus programs are common. The SHA checksums published below guarantee safe downloads. Use the SHA checksum to verify the download is safe and virus-free. See the information below on how to use SHA checksums. Very Important:After installation, save the .exe file for future use. Windows may need it some day to uninstall or to repair an installation.
See a longer list of recent updates in the What's New topic in the Release 8 User Manual. Following are the very most recent updates.
Cutting Edge build 220.127.116.11
Cutting Edge build 18.104.22.168 adds a new command line option and upgrades Release 8 to the latest Windows Virtual C++ environment.
- The Microsoft Visual C++ environment used has been updated to 14.34.31933. The VC runtime has been updated to 14.32.31332.0. This adds many minor performance improvements and makes Manifold modules use the same version of the runtime as the latest modules from Microsoft and other major vendors, saving resources that would otherwise be spent on keeping multiple versions of the runtime in memory.
- The manifold.exe executable supports a new -showserial command line option. This option allows users to see what serial number has been used on a given machine. The new command line option launches a Manifold session and shows the serial number in the History pane.
Base build 8.0.34
Build 8.0.34 is the first base build to be available only as a 64-bit build for 64-bit Windows systems. Users who require 32-bit versions should use build 8.0.33 for Release 8, which is the last base build to include a 32-bit version and which does not expire.
Release 8 Edge · Portable (Self-Contained Zip File)
Important: Before using a Release 8 portable build, download and install the current Release 8 Base build. Release 8 portable builds re-use part of the current Release 8 Base build.
64-bit Release 8 Base· Windows Installer (.exe File)
Requires 64-bit Windows. Installs both 64-bit and 32-bit product versions.
Manifold Release 8 documentation is online. See the Documentation page.
SHA Checksums Guarantee Safe Packages
Worried about viruses? Got a false alarm from an anti-virus package?
Use SHA checksums to put your mind at ease by confirming you
Release 8 installation packages do
If your anti-virus program reports a problem with a Manifold installation file, you can verify that is a false alarm by using any popular tool (7zip, Microsoft, etc.) to compute the SHA checksum for the installation package you are using. If that SHA checksum matches the SHA checksum published for that package, you know for sure the anti-virus package reported a false alarm.
Windows 10 and other recent Windows editions include the
certutil -hashfile manifold-9.0.159.msi SHA256
The utility will provide a computed SHA256 hash code (another name for checksum) for the file:
SHA256 hash of file manifold-9.0.159.msi: 1d 65 79 c2 b7 2f aa 99 7f 40 2c c5 1f 92 80 de 73 0c 4f 4a 4c c5 d2 59 bf 74 7e 79 b8 d4 e0 71 CertUtil: -hashfile command completed successfully.
Compare the SHA256 checksum reported by the
Recommended Manifold Release 8 Downloads
These downloads will help you get more out of your Manifold Release 8 license. They are small downloads that are very quick to download and very important to have. They are strongly recommended for all Manifold users.
- Recommended download: help_examples.zip (16,236 KB)- A zip file containing many of the example files used in Example chapter topics in Help. This download is strongly recommended for all users learning Manifold.
- Recommended download: manifold-imageservers-22.214.171.124-x64.zip (36 KB) - A zipfile containing a collection of updated image server modules, already compiled into .dlls and ready for installation and use on 32-bit Windows or 64-bit Windows systems. Unzip the file and copy the resulting .dlls into the bin64 file. Use of free image servers is one of the most popular features of Manifold for all users. These are often the only sources of maps in some international locations. See the Image Servers page for information.
Information on Release 8
For complete details on Release 8, see the online edition of the user manual.
Other Manifold Release 8 Downloads
Manifold provides the downloads below at no charge. These products do not require serial numbers; however, they work with Manifold Release 8 so they will not 01k if you do not have Manifold Release 8. Most are small downloads that do not require mirrors anywhere in the world.
- geocoding_database.zip (818,451 KB) - Caution: 800+ MB in size. Wow! Lots of bytes for free! A zip file containing the Manifold US Geocoding Database, an optional geocoding database that may be used with the Release 8 Geocoding Tools extension for street address geocoding of US addresses. Useless outside the US or if you do not have Manifold. This download has obsolete data (use a web based geocoder instead) but continues to be useful for limited purposes in the United States.
- Data Downloads- A web page providing links to download data sets formerly distributed with older Manifold releases.
- Manifold8.pdf-(63,303 KB) Right click on the link and choose Save target As... to save a 63 MB PDF providing an older version of the Manifold Release 8 User Manual in PDF format. The online version is better for reference, since it is up to date and it has hyperlinks that make operational use much more productive. However, a PDF can be stored to readers and printed in hard copy conveniently, for those who wish to kill 4400 pages worth of trees. Created with automated tools and may contain formatting errors, lower resolution images and other problems compared to the current online edition. Formatted for A4 size paper, the world standard in almost all countries.
- Manifold8_letter.pdf-(63,504 KB) Right click on the link and choose Save target As... to save a 63 MB PDF providing an older version of the Manifold Release 8 User Manual in PDF format, formatted for "letter" size paper, as still used in Mexico, Columbia, Venezuela, Argentina, Chile, the Philippines, Canada and the US.
- manifold-sqlserver-spatial-1.0.1.zip (26 KB) - The Manifold Spatial Extender for SQL Server installs on SQL Server machines to add high-performance, server-side spatial indices to work in conjunction with Manifold spatial DBMS facilities.The zip file contains the extender DLL, an install / uninstall utility, and a readme file with installation instructions.
- manifold-traditional-topology-tools-126.96.36.199-x64.zip (201 KB) - The Manifold Traditional Topology Tools add-in for Manifold x64 installations.
- manifold-traditional-topology-tools-188.8.131.52.zip (175 KB) - The Manifold Traditional Topology Tools add-in for 32-bit Manifold installations.
- object-model-8.zip (419 KB) - A zipfile containing the Manifold Release 8 Object Model poster in four, ready-to-use sizes: As a .png image file, and as PDF files for A2, A3 and A4 sized paper.
- cuda_demo.zip (3,050 KB) - A zipfile containing a Manifold Release 8 project containing an example Montara Mountain terrain elevation surface together with a sample formula useful for doing demos of NVIDIA CUDA hardware.
- books.map (6592 KB)- A Release 9 format .map file providing the Books example database used in Chris Fehily's first-rate book, "SQL: Visual QuickStart Guide," a great book for learning SQL.
- licenseservermisc.zip (14 KB) - A small zipfile containing the installation informationand .asp service launch file for License Server users. This file is completely useless if you are not operating the $1995 License Server product.
- Programming Examples - Programming examples showing common tasks using scripts.
- Routine updates - Manifold licensees may download and install routine updates at no charge. Routine updates provide bug fixes in between major releases and often provide new features as well. Manifold Release 8 will automatically check for new updates and will report if a more recent update has been made available.
- Image Servers and Geocoding Servers - Free image server and geocoding server modules for use within Manifold and the Manifold Toolbar. Don't miss the incredible usefulness of imageservers, one of the most popular features in Manifold Release 8.
- Free Stuff for Manifold users - A collection of links to examples and other useful items for free download
The free downloads on this page are provided without technical support. Some downloads are large and require reliable Internet connections. Downloads are provided for those folks who have sufficiently reliable Internet connections and who have the minimal technical skills required to use their browsers to download a file, to unzip a zipfile, install an .exe file, etc., without assistance. If you require assistance, please ask a more technical colleague for help, retain a consultant, or contact Manifold Technical Support using a standard tech support token as set forth in the Contacting Tech Support page.
Please visit the following links for general information on available Manifold technical support services.
- Technical Support Home Page - Your first stop for technical support needs.
- Status Page - Enter a support token to verify it is unused and to check the token type (standard, development or voice). Checking the status of a support token before using it to contact tech support will avoid wasting time in case the token has been already used or is the wrong type.
- Contacting Technical Support - How to contact technical support. How to use tokens and important information that must be provided to enable tech support to respond quickly and constructively.
- Manifold Updates - Information on updates for Manifold products.
- Technical Support Products - A list of all technical support products.
- Online Store - Buy technical support products online with your credit card.
- Support FAQ - Frequently asked questions regarding technical support.
- Administrator Login - Users are sometimes surprised to learn they don't have true Administrator rights in Windows 8, Windows 7 or Vista. This short page describes how to login using the real Administrator account.
- Windows Installer Notes - Tips on solving problems with Windows Installer in case of de-installation errors.
- Email Problems - Few things are as annoying as not getting messages you expect to get, yet the wide use of spam filters means that you might not be getting an important email from manifold.net email accounts. Read this page for important tips on how to make sure you will get the emails you expect.
- Suggestions - Tips on making effective suggestions to get what you want into Manifold. Vote early and vote often!.
Manifold products are supported by email for a fee. Although Manifold technical support is very inexpensive, it is not free. Technical support is provided for a low fee via email. Technical support service products are sold that allow Manifold users to choose what level of support they prefer, from a single incident to ten incidents at a discount. Technical support incidents are available as standard support incidents or as developer support incidents. Standard incidents provide answers to routine interactive usage of Manifold. Developer support incidents provide answers to more technical questions, such as those involving programming, SQL, customization, IMS, Runtime licenses or Enterprise features.
How to Buy Technical Support Services
Purchase technical support products via the the Online Store. Purchase the technical support product and you will receive by email tech support tokens of the number and class (standard or developer) you purchased. You can then use them when contacting tech support by email.
Contacting Technical Support
Please carefully read the Contacting Technical Support page for complete information on contacting technical support. Support inquiries sent to sales will not only delay a fast and effective solution, they will also waste support tokens.
Buy Now via the Online Store
Buy Manifold products on the Online Store. The store is open 24 hours / seven days a week / every day of the year. Orders are processed immediately with serial number email sent out in seconds. Use Manifold products today!
Suggestions to improve Manifold are always welcome. Please see the Suggestions page for tips on making effective suggestions.
Manifold is a deep technology company creating advanced, parallel algorithms, next-level technology, and computation know-how that powers faster performance and smarter operations.
License Manifold® technology to power your company's products, or take advantage of Manifold's off-the-shelf commercial products. Jump decades ahead of your competition.
Manifold® brand products deliver quality, performance and value in the world's most sophisticated, most modern, and most powerful spatial products for GIS, ETL, DBMS, and Data Science. Total integration ensures ease of use, amazing speed, and unbeatably low cost of ownership. Tell your friends!