Every Question Requires a Token
Manifold technical support requires a technical support token for each question asked. Technical support is available only for the current release of SQL for ArcGIS® Pro with the latest update installed. A support token is a long string of upper case letters and numbers that looks like a SQL for ArcGIS Pro serial number.
Very important: Each request for technical support must begin with an unused tech support token. A support token authorizes a single use of technical support to ask one question. If you do not recall whether you have used a particular token or do not remember what category of support it authorizes, you can check the status of that token on the Status Page.
Categories of Support Tokens
Support tokens are issued for specific categories of tech support questions. An individual token encodes what category of tech support question it authorizes. Any question of a technical nature falls into one of the following three categories:
- Standard Email Support - Questions regarding interactive use of use of dialogs and the general user interface for SQL for ArcGIS Pro. Excludes questions on SQL coding, such as those involving SQL syntax or SQL functions that are used in queries, or on scripting or using the API. Example question: "How do I launch the SQL for ArcGIS Pro add-in from ArcGIS® Pro?"
- Developer Email Support - Questions on any SQL for ArcGIS Pro feature, including any questions excluded from standard email support. Example question: "What is the syntax for SELECT INTO?"
A support token may be used only for questions in the category of technical support that token authorizes. For example, a standard support token may not be used for a developer support question.
A support token authorizes a specific, single question that relate to one function or to the lowest separable usage level of the Manifold product in a specific task. A general question will receive a very general answer. Questions that involve combinations of individual tasks (as many general questions do) will require use of more than one token to ask follow up questions on individual tasks.
How to Get Support TokensYou can buy the tokens you need from the Online Store by purchasing a technical support product. Support tokens may be purchased either one at a time or for a discount in support products that provide ten tokens at a time. SQL for ArcGIS Pro may be offered in special promotional offers that include one or two two free standard support tokens.
When your order for a technical support product is processed, you will receive an email that contains the tokens for the number and type of support incidents purchased. When ordering support products, please make sure to provide an email address which can receive email from Manifold's key servers.
Make sure to save a copy of the email message in a safe place. If you lose your support tokens, they cannot be recovered.
Using Support Tokens
Contact technical support using the instructions given in the Contacting Technical Support page. Provide a technical support token in the first line of your initial email message to technical support.
Support tokens are best used with highly specific questions. Tech support tokens provide specific answers to specific questions relating to the lowest possible resolvable usage level of the Manifold product. Asking general questions about the usage of the Manifold product will be a wasteful use of tokens because general questions get general replies, most often suggesting topics in the manual to read. Tech support does not provide general consulting, general education, or support on Microsoft Windows facilities or on products other than Manifold products.
Support Token Summary
All tech support tokens have the following characteristics:
- A token authorizes one question to technical support. Requests for technical support that contain multiple questions will have the first question answered.
- Tokens may be used only one time. Once a token has been used it cannot be used for a second question at some later time.
- Every question, no matter how simple or how sophisticated, requires a token.
- The appropriate token must be used for the category of question asked. For example, a developer support incident is required for questions that fall into the developer category, such as questions about SQL syntax or programming.
- Support tokens authorize questions about the current release and current update of SQL for ArcGIS Pro. Tokens cannot be used to answer questions about prior SQL for ArcGIS Pro releases or installations that do not use the current update. It's free to get the latest update, so make sure to use that.
- Unused tokens acquired for a prior SQL for ArcGIS Pro release or for other Manifold® products, such as Release 9, may be used for questions on the current release.
- Anyone who has access to a technical support token may use it. Keep your support tokens secret if you do not want someone else to be able to use them.
See the Support FAQ for answers to frequently asked questions regarding technical support.
How to Buy Technical Support Services
Purchase technical support products for SQL for ArcGIS® Pro on the Online Store. Purchase the technical support product desired and you receive support tokens by email. You can then use them when contacting tech support.The store is open 24 hours / seven days a week / every day of the year. Orders are processed immediately with emails sent out in seconds.
Manifold® products deliver quality, performance and value in the world's most sophisticated, most modern and most powerful spatial products for SQL, GIS, ETL, DBMS, and Data Science. Total integration ensures ease of use, amazing speed, and unbeatably low cost of ownership. Tell your friends!